Friday, December 17, 2010

27 Years Old

Tuesday I turned 27, and had an awesome birthday! Dustin called in sick, which is one of the best birthday presents ever! I got to do one of my favorite things... Make Christmas treats. I made caramels, peanut brittle, fudge, peppermint bark, and sugar cookies, all the while Dustin played with the kids so I could do this. We went shopping, finished decorating our Christmas Tree, and ordered in from Olive Garden. Spending time with those you love and listening to Christmas music, what gets bettter than that on your birthday? Dustin said he would make me a birthday cake, (I'm not sure if he has ever made a cake before). Ava decided to help him out...

Ian "helped" with the frosting...


I showed him this picture, and told him I liked the one with the red licorice on it....


And here's what he came up with, pretty good huh, considering we don't have any circle cake pans. I think it turned out awesome.





Ian and Ava loved the candles... Ian practically blew them out before I could get them all lit...




Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and gifts. There will be more photos to come that will include some of the things I've made with some of my new tools I got for my birthday.

3 comments:

Annesa said...

That cake is amazing!! Great job Dust HOle!!! Happy birthday HOlls, I'm glad we are finally the same age!! CAn't wait to see you!!

Andrea said...

Oh Man! I am SO IMPRESSED! Maybe Bryson will have to try and show him up when it's my birthday...I doubt it though! LOVE IT!

sandy said...

I am impressed! Great job, Dustin. And, it sounds like your birthday was marvelous, Holly Belle.