Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekend with my sister

Two weekends ago my sister, Annesa, came for a visit. I was SO happy to see her. If we are lucky we see each other maybe 2 times a year. We went shopping in Santa Fe, hiking at Bandelier, checked out downtown Santa Fe, and went to dinner at Gabriels (an amazing Mexican food restaurant). I was amazed at how much my kids loved her. They wanted to sit by her at mealtime and in the car. Ava wanted Annesa to take her potty every time she had to go, and only wanted Annesa to do her hair. Ava sat on her lap for most of church. Now Ava prays for Nessy Poo every time she says the prayer and reminds me to when I pray. It was freezing that weekend and even snowed a few times. You would think it was the first time Annesa had seen snow, she was so excited. I guess that's what happens to you when you've lived in San Diego for 8(?) years.

Ian at Bandelier checking out the Indian caves.

Annesa with Ian on the hike.
Annesa in down town Santa Fe...



I already miss my sister. We made a pact that we would try to see each other every 6 months. Hopefully we will make that happen.

1 comment:

Annesa said...

I had a blast with "Batman" aka Ian and "Princess Pink" aka Ava. They are such cute kids. Thanks for having me and making me such amazing food. It was so nice to have a break and spend some time with you and Dusthole. Love you!! Also, I will be seeing you in 6 months...Dusty promised ;)