Friday, July 3, 2009

Ava Marie Croft

Ava Marie Croft was born on June 29, 2009. She weighed 5 lbs. 14 oz. and was 18 1/2 inches long. Originally due on the 14th of July we are happy she came early. We went to the hospital at 8:00am and she was born at 2:12pm. We are so blessed to have such a great doctor that realized that I needed to be induced. After Ava was born and he was delivering the placenta Dr. Wassinger realized that the umbilical cord was hanging on by a thread. If I hadn't been induced who knows what could have happened if the umbilical cord had come unattached. We also had another scare while at the hospital. The day that we were supposed to go home I was feeding Ava and she started to turn purple, so we called in the nurse. The nurse, Sharon, ran her in the other room and gave her some oxygen. Then they did a chest x-ray and drew some blood trying to figure out what was wrong with her. This caused us to stay in the hospital for an extra day with Ava hooked up to an oxygen monitor. The x-ray results came back and she either had some mucous left in her lungs or pneumonia. Luckily it wasn't pneumonia. So we had to wait until Wednesday afternoon to get the blood test results back and they were all negative so we finally got released to go home.

Ian was most excited to see his Dad!Grandma and Ian came over about an hour after she was born. All Ian did was say "baby" and point at her.The proud Daddy!Ian on Dustin's Wonderful cot.Ian makes the "sad face" whenever she cries. And has to run over and look at her.We got home on Wednesday July 1. We were so happy to leave the hospital.Ian gave me a great big hug when we got home. It made me so happy, because at the hospital he didn't want anything to do with me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is beautiful!! Bindi was 5lbs 9oz. when she was born. 5lbs is so tiny! I can't believe how big Ian has got. My brother and sister in law just had their baby last night and they named him Ian. Good luck hope all goes well!
Taly Gatewood

Lionel Messi said...

Nice work. Dustin was probably of no help, like usual. You bloody Americans better come vist Vegas soon.
Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful we all wish we were there to see her congrats tell Ian to be a good big bro love you guys and miss you
Sledges

Alli said...

Thank God Ava arrived and remains healthy with no harm to her or you. Holly, you once again had a short labor (lucky) and you look freaking amazing right after! I'm really happy for your family.
Ian is finally catching up to Carson. Too bad we can't get them together to fight over toys :)

Jeff and Ali said...

Congratulations! I hadn't heard that baby Ava was here. I'm so glad that things turned out okay. She is so cute! Good luck getting the hang of it with two little ones. I'm sure you're handling it just fine! Hope to see you in Panguitch over the 24th if you're there.

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly and Dustin!

Your little Ava is beautiful! I'm so happy for you all.....

Take care!

Cindy (Miles)

Suzy Roberts said...

HOLLY!!!! OMG!!! I am so glad I found you!! I found JaNae's blog and there you were!! I can't believe you have TWO KIDS?!?!?!? CONGRATS sweetie!! are you still in Vegas?