Thursday, August 23, 2012

Ava turns 3!!!

Ava is now 3 years old  She had another birthday in Panguitch. It seems all summer activities have happened during her birthday.  Last year it was Grandpa Hulet's 60th surprise party.  (His birthday is the day before Ava's). This year the family reunion was the day after her birthday.  We debated going up to Utah and at the last minute we decided to go.  We were going to throw her a birthday party here, but when I asked who she wanted to invite, she said Ty, (Ian's friend she love, I often find her talking on her fake phone to Ty.) and Sister Parker (her nursery leader).  I asked her about all the other kids in her Nursery class and she was insistent that all she wanted was Ty and Sister Parker. So I didn't feel bad heading to Utah and having a family party instead.  Unfortunately it was with just my family.  We missed having Dustin's family there.  I didn't take that many photos, so I had to steal some from my Mom.
 
Ava with cousin Haylee.  Haylee was just as excited about opening presents as Ava was.

Annesa did Ava's nails. They were pink glitter. I don't think anything could have made her happier. She wants me to paint her nails nearly everyday.
 Ava dressed up in the skirt she got from Papa and Grandma Sandy, wearing her clip on earrings from Grandma Net and Grandpa Rupert, and new lip gloss.  She is SO girly!
 Ava requested a pink super girl cake that tasted like vanilla.  She wants to play super heroes with Ian and his friends, but she has to be wearing her pink super girl cape.
Don't pay attention too closely to the cake, it traveled 9 hours in the car, so it melted a little and to top it off we almost hit a deer. We had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting the deer, and the cake went flying.  I suppose it could have smashed all over the car, I was glad it was still in one piece.

 Ava in her new swimsuit she got from the Great Grandparents.
 My Mom set up the slip n slide out back and the kids had a blast!

 Danika, Jeffry, Ian, Ava, and Jonathon.
 Check out how bronze Ian is compared to the rest of the kids.
At 3 Ava is still obsessed with pink.  She loves lip gloss, and play makeup.  She asks me often if she can comb my hair. So in essence she is a girly girl.  However, she loves to play cars and super heroes with Ian as long as she has the girl cars and her pink cape. So I guess it is a good balance.  This summer she has enjoyed swimming at the pool, playing in the sprinklers and helping me pull weeds.  She is excited about having a baby sister, and tells me she has a baby in her belly too.  She wants to name the baby The Little Mermaid, Ariel, and Rapunzel.  Her favorite food is pizza. When she grows up she wants to be a princess.  Her favorite movie is Barbie and the Nutcracker. Ava loves coloring and looking at books. Ava is sort of a recluse, she doesn't play with many other kids. Only Ian and Ty.  At nursery she doesn't play with the other kids, she just watches them and is extremely observant.  She is going to preschool this fall, hopefully she will come out of her shell.  Every morning when she wakes up she comes into my room and say, "Mom, I want sumping (something) to eat!" She is also working on saying her "L's" correctly.  We love having Ava in our family and hope she had a great birthday!

1 comment:

Annesa said...

Ava, I love you!! I'm so glad that I was there for your birthday!! I will paint pink glitter on your nails any time that you want!!