Wednesday, August 11, 2010

24th of July

The kids and I went to Panguitch and Duck Creek for Pioneer Day. We had a small family reunion on my side. (Just the immediate family). I flew out on a Sunday and thought I was going to have an anxiety attack, just thinking about flying by myself. Fortunatly the kids were great on the plane. I stayed in Vegas for a few days, then drove up to Duck Creek, Madison and Nicole, (my neices) rode up with me. Ian wanted to play baseball the whole time, and Grandpa Tom taught him how to stand correctly and how to hold the bat.
He also went for a few four wheeler rides, I think he looks like a bobble-head.





Ava enjoyed crawling around on the porch in the super nice weather.







Ava and Carson with Grandpa Tom. Can you believe there is about a 4 pound difference between these two, and Carson is only 2 months old and Ava is 13 months?

Ian at the parade. Thankfully Madison was there to help him get some candy before all the older kids got it all.





This is most of the family. We are missing Jacob, Tate, Cari, and Dustin.
I think it is impossible to have 24 grandkids sit still long enough to get a photo. It was sort of a disaster.
Bryson took these cool photos when we had a bonfire and roasted marshmallows one night at the cabin.



I LOVE this one of the Old People, we had a blast out there listing to their bear stories.





On Sunday morning we found "Tuffy Bird" It was baby bird whose mom died flying into the window. It was amazing how tame it was. Ian and Tori Loved her.


Tuffy eating out of Ian's hand.




Ava even got to pet it.




Other random snapshots from Panguitch....






My parents have the best neighbors ever, Rob and Lori Veater. One day Ian saw Rob out driving "Frank", You know the Combine tractor from Cars? Well every day he would ask to go see Frank. So one day we went over to ask Rob to see Frank. He answered confused, "Who's Frank". We explained to him who it is and gladly he took in to see Frank. I think this was the highlight of his whole trip!


Rob even let him get inside....

After he got back down, he kept stroking the front of it, saying "Frank, Frank". It was hillarious.


Overall we had a great 2 weeks in Utah. We were glad to get home to Dustin though.

2 comments:

The Llewellyn's said...

Dustin used to suck his toes like that on the mission. I know where she got it from. :)

Annesa said...

So Cute!!! I loved hanging out with you and your cute kiddos...Ava loved me this trip and Ian even talked to me!! Too bad we both ended up puking our guts out, YUCK!! Love you!!