Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Move

October 18th we left New Mexico. We were extremely sad to leave our wonderful friends in White Rock.  This was one of the best wards we have ever lived in.  My parents came out to help us move.  Our ward was so wonderful to help us load the truck the night before.  Thanks to Brittany for organizing that for us! I woke my family bright and early at 4:30am on Thursday and we began our trip to Salt Lake.  We stopped for gas in Bloomfield, NM and for lunch in Moab, UT.  We arrived in Salt Lake around 5pm.
 When we stopped for gas in Bloomfield, Ian decided he wanted to ride with Grandpa in the Uhaul.   I drove our van with my mom and Ava, while Dustin drove his truck.

A special thanks for my parents for helping us out.  The next day we loaded everthing into a storage unit.  I did not think it was all going to fit, but my dad being the super packer he is, got it all to fit.  Josh and Tiff also helped us unload everything into the storage unit.  The next step was to have a baby and find a house.  We stayed with Paul and Cari, until the baby was born, (during that time Paul and Cari were able to make a service trip to Haiti) then we headed to Panguitch.  We also picked out a new house that would take about 3 months to be built.

No comments: