Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Welcome Baby Brisa!

Brisa finally arrived on October 28th at 12:36am. She weighed 6lbs. 4oz. and 18" long.  This pregnancy was very different from the other two.  From the beginning I had terrible pains in my groin area and had a hard time lifting my legs high enough to put pants on.  I also had a racing pulse and often had a shortness of breath.  At about 24 weeks I found out I had gestational diabetes.  The diabetic doctor put me on a strict diet and I had to test my blood sugar 3 times per day.  I was only allowed 30 carbs for breakfast, 60 for lunch, 45 for dinner, and one 15 carb snack. To put that into perspective, 1 small apple has about 15 carbs, so I was very limited on what I could eat.  It was mostly eggs, meat and more meat. (which made Dustin extremely happy). At my next doctor's appointment I had lost 2 pounds.
When we found out we were moving I immediately got on the phone with Andrea to get her doctor's name and number in Salt Lake.  I met him one time before I had the baby and he ended up being out of town that day, so I had another doctor deliver the baby.
Friday the 26th, Paul and Cari took Ian and Ava down to my parents house in Panguitch. Saturday morning the 27th Dustin woke up and said "we are having this baby today." Dustin and I did all we could to get me to start labor *wink *wink.  On the 27th I started to have some contractions, so we decided to keep me moving to keep the contractions going. We started out wandering around Ikea, then we went to Buffalo Wild Wings around 2pm for a late lunch.  Dustin planned it out so he could watch the Barca soccer game there.  We ordered super spicy wings to try to keep the labor going.  Then we wandered around Deseret Book.  At that point I was having contractions about every 4-7 minutes. I was still not sure if I was in actual labor though, because the contractions were not very painful.  We decided to go back to Paul's house and get an outfit I wanted to exchange a Kohls. By this point the contractions were 3 minutes apart.  We were confused about exchanging the outfit, so it took us 3 times back and forth to the returns desk to have it work out.  During this time Dustin was continuing to time my contractions.  They were consistently 3 minutes apart so we headed over to the hospital. We walked into the hospital at about 8:30pm.  Upon arrival I was only dilated 3 centimeters.  They told me I could stay for 1 hour and if nothing changed they would send me home.  After 1 hour I was dilated to 5cm, so they kept me.  Shortly after a doctor came in and broke my water.  I got an epidural around 11:30pm.  I called in the nurse around 12:15 and had her check me, I was ready to deliver.  The doctor showed up and at 12:36am and one push later Brisa was born.  The doctor said it was the easiest delivery he had been involved in. Brisa was born 1 week and 2 days after we moved.  The next day Dustin started his new job at Foster Wheeler. 




 Brisa's first bath was later that day in the nursery.
 Our nurse from Russia gave her the bath.
 Grandma Net brought Ava and Ian up to visit their new sister.  When they first walked in I was feeding Brisa and Ian asked, "why is the baby stuck to you". I had to explain that was how she ate.








We headed home (back to Paul's house) on the 30th.  The next day we met with the tile guys to pick out the tile for our house. Over the next week we met with one subcontractor every day to pick out all the options for our house.  It was rather exhausting doing it the week she was born, but we had to get it done before we headed to Panguitch. We are so grateful that Brisa came into this world with no complications.  We love watching her grow and learn new things.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

What a cutie!! We need to see her again!