Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Friday morning May 22nd we woke up sad because we knew all of Dustin's family was going to be up at the cabin. I turned to Dustin and said I wish we could be there. Then to my surprise he said, "Lets Go!" I said are you serious and he said Yes. So I immediately started packing. We stopped by the store got Ian some new movies and headed out on our 9 hour drive. We stayed the night in Panguitch (my parents were in Oregon with Paul for his graduation) then headed over to Duck Creek the next morning. Needless to say I think everyone was pretty surprised. Ian was incredibly shy around everyone, it made me so sad. Also I thought I forgot my camera, Thanks Andrea for letting me take pictures with yours, however, I remembered when we were 2 hours away from home on the way back that it was in our stroller. We had driven through rain storms the whole way there and back. Thank goodness my camera still worked. The last two pictures are our pitstop on the way back. I was able to see my parents Sunday night and part of Monday morning, sorry no pictures are included of them. All in all it was a great weekend even with the long drive. The whole family on the Stirling side.







Ian loved playing outside with the Daija and Kayla


















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you cute kids decided to surprise us at the cabin! We miss not having you in Vegas.....maybe sometime soon you'll return??? Love You, Auntie Janet

Anonymous said...

And, man, did you ever surprise us! I will never forget hearing G'pa yelling up the stairs, "You won't believe who just got here--Dustin, Holly and Ian." And Gary said something like, "It's not nice to play April Fool Jokes, Tom!"

Granma